A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store via your browser on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device.
There are three main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: specific to a particular visit and limited to sending session identifiers (random numbers generated by the server) so you don't have to re-enter information when you navigate to a new page or check out. Session cookies are not permanently stored on your device and are deleted when the browser closes;
- Persistent cookies: record information about your preferences and are stored in your browser cache or mobile device for up to six (6) months or less;
- Third party cookies: placed by someone other than us which may gather data across multiple websites or sessions and are stored in your browser cache or mobile device for up to six (6) months or less.
|Type of Cookie||Purpose of Cookie|
|Strictly necessary||These cookies are essential for you to browse our website and mobile app and use its features. The information collected relates to the operation of our website or mobile app (e.g. website scripting language and security tokens) and enables us to provide you with the service you have requested.|
|Functionality||These cookies remember the choices you have made, for example the country you visit our website or mobile app, your language and any changes you have made to text size and other parts of the web pages that you can customise to improve your user experience and to make your visits more tailored and enjoyable.|
|Performance/analytics||These cookies collect information on how you use our website or mobile app, for example which website pages you visit most often, whether you receive any error messages and how you arrived at our website. Information collected by these cookies is used only to improve your use of our website and mobile app. These cookies are sometimes placed by third party providers of web traffic and analysis services. We use Google Analytics. For further information please see the Google analytics section below.|
|Targeting or advertising||These cookies collect information about your browsing habits and inferred interests to make advertising more relevant to you. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. These cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the other websites you visit and this information is shared with third party organisations, for example advertisers.
We also use Facebook Custom Audience. For more information on Facebook Custom Audience please see our privacy notice which is available at the footer of the website.
|Social Media||These cookies allow you to share our website content on social media such as Facebook. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies of the social media providers for how their cookies work.|
We may also automatically collect and store certain information about your interaction with our website, or mobile app including IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps and related data.
In addition to cookies, we use some other similar technologies as follows:
- Web Beacons: small graphic images included on our website or emails or those of third parties to provide analytics information
- SDKs: these are mobile application third party software development kits used in our mobile app. They enable us to collect information about app activity and the device it runs on.
- Local shared objects: these are sometimes called flash cookies and can be stored on your browser. They are used to maintain preferences and usage records.
- Plugins: the website may contain plugins for services like Facebook, and we recommend that you review the privacy policies that apply to these plugins, prior to clicking on the plugins. A plugin is a software component that adds a specific feature to an existing program, allowing for customization.
For more information on managing cookies, please visit www.youradchoices.ca which has further information about behavioural advertising and online privacy.