Additional Terms & Conditions
The transportation of Guests (or “Sailors” as we refer to in our brand vernacular) and baggage is governed by the Ticket Contract. Virgin Cruises Intermediate Limited (referred to herein as “Virgin Voyages,” “we,” or “our”) has two Ticket Contracts, but only one will apply to you as a Guest: one is for a Guest from everywhere except the United Kingdom, and one is for a Guest from the United Kingdom. In addition, there are other terms and conditions that apply (hey, it’s a complex operation to have an amazing adventure with 1,800 Guests!) -- please see the links below. We urge you to read them, as you’re agreeing to be bound by them when you book a cruise with Virgin Voyages (a “voyage”).
- Ticket Contracts:
- Offer Terms & Conditions
- Website Terms & Conditions
- Data Privacy Terms & Conditions
We are not responsible or liable for typographical errors, omissions or misprints. We further reserve the right to correct or change these Additional Terms & Conditions, the Ticket Agreements, or website, with or without notice. This web page or any of the Additional Terms & Conditions below may be withdrawn at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
In the case of any conflict between these Additional Terms & Conditions and the relevant Ticket Contract, the relevant Ticket Contract will prevail.
For our UK Guests: any conflict between any of the items above and The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 will be resolved in favor of the latter when deviation from the regulations is not permitted.
- The minimum age to book a voyage is 21 years old, unless a prospective Guest meets our “Under-21 Adult” criteria.
- Under-21 Adult Criteria. An Under-21 Adult may book, and reside in a stateroom with another Under-21 Adult, if:
- The voyage departure port is in the United States, and the Under-21 Adult-prospective Guests are married and are able to present proof at time of embarkation; or
- The voyage departure port is in the United States, and both Under-21 Adult-prospective Guests are in the active duty military and are able to present proof at time of embarkation; or
- The voyage departure port is outside the United States.
- Under-21 Adult Criteria. An Under-21 Adult may book, and reside in a stateroom with another Under-21 Adult, if:
- A non-refundable deposit is required to confirm a reservation in the amount of 20% of the total voyage fare, excluding add-on components and ancillary purchases made prior to sailing, and taxes and fees.
- Bookings can be held for 24 hours without deposit up to 45 days prior to the sailing date. Bookings made within 44 days or less of the sailing date require full payment at time of booking (and will not be held for 24 hours).
- Online direct bookings will require a credit card at the time of booking, but the deposit will not be charged until 24 hours have elapsed after the booking.
- Beyond 121 days or more from the sailing date, Guest or Guest’s travel agent has 7 days from the initial booking date as a grace period to cancel the reservation and will receive a full refund of the deposit if cancelled within the grace period.
- After the 7-day grace period, the deposit is 100% non-refundable.
- The 7-day grace period does not apply to bookings made at 120 days or less of the sailing date, since full payment of the voyage fare is required at this time.
SHORE EXCURSION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THIS IS NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION BEFORE BOOKING SHORE EXCURSIONS
All arrangements made by Virgin Cruises Intermediate Limited (“Virgin Voyages” or “Carrier”) for or by Guests(a/k/a Passengers or Sailors) for shore excursions (a/k/a shore things) and activities, whether these are for (a) tours; (b) air, land or local water transportation; (c) sports related or any other recreational activities; (d) shore accommodations; or (e) for any activity or facility other than onboard Virgin Voyages’ cruise ships (referred to herein as either “Shore Excursions” or “Shore Things”), are made solely for the Sailor’s convenience and are at the Sailor’s own risk. Even though the arrangements may be sold or made on board the Vessel or through the Virgin Voyages’ website or mobile app, Virgin Voyages does not act on behalf of, supervise or control the parties or persons who own, furnish, or operate such Shore Things. A Sailor’s participation in any Shore Things is subject to (a) the Sailor’s acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth in the Ticket Contract provided to the Sailor at the time of booking, (b) these terms and conditions which are referenced on the Virgin Voyages’ website, mobile app and/or on the back of the Shore Things Ticket or Voucher and, (c) depending on the activity, other documents which, among other things, expressly release Virgin Voyages from any liability for such participation. The Sailor’s participation may also be subject to the independent Shore Excursion Operators' own terms and conditions. Virgin Voyages assumes no responsibility for, nor does it guarantee the performance of, any Shore Excursion Operator. Sailors acknowledge that Virgin Voyages shall not be liable for losses or injuries arising from the acts or omissions of such Shore Excursion Operators.
Shore Excursion Descriptions
Each individual Shore Things description provides details about the Shore Things which includes the estimated duration time and physical restrictions or limitations. Participation in Shore Things may require physical exertion and may be potentially hazardous or dangerous. Participation in any Shore Things activity is at Sailor’s own risk. It is the responsibility of each Sailor to determine whether they are capable of engaging in any Shore Excursion activity. All photographs on Virgin Voyages’ website, mobile app and other marketing materials are provided solely for illustration purposes and may not accurately depict the Shore Things, locations, or activity indicated. The Shore Things itineraries are conducted by the Shore Excursion Operators as advertised, however, all such Shore Excursion Operators reserve the right to change such itineraries or to omit any place or places or to alter the advertised sequence of the Shore Things in accordance with the conditions and circumstances prevailing at the time of the Shore Things with or without previous notice. Any such change, omission, or alteration made by the Shore Excursion Operators shall be made at their sole discretion, always bearing in mind the safety, convenience and/or best interests of Sailors. Note there is no guarantee that any coaches or buses used for transportation will be air-conditioned. For safety reasons, age, weight, and/or height restrictions may apply to certain Shore Things. These restrictions are imposed by the individual Shore Excursion Operators and must be strictly adhered to.
The prices for Shore Things may be found on the Virgin Voyages’ website and/or mobile app and may also be obtained onboard from the Shore Things Team. All prices are quoted in U.S. dollars, subject to change without notice and are only confirmed at the time of booking. Please refer to the individual Shore Things description for additional information on what is or is not included in the price.
Shore Things Availability and Schedule Changes
Not all Shore Things are available on every ship. Although Shore Excursion schedules are the most accurate and up to date, please note that schedules are subject to change and that Shore Excursions may be canceled for any reason, including but not limited to, inclement weather. Most Shore Things will operate rain or shine. However, if a Shore Things is cancelled, every effort will be made to accommodate Sailors on other available Shore Things.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Shore Things are subject to cancellation or modification for any reason. To receive a full refund, all Shore Things must be cancelled 24 hours prior to the scheduled Shore Things departure time. Any exceptions to this policy will be noted under each respective Shore Things description on Virgin Voyages website or mobile app. Cancellations made prior to the 24-hour period will be automatically credited to your account. For Shore Things involving hotel accommodations, charter flights and/or private vehicles, the cut off period to cancel is 30 days prior to dispatch, and no refund will be issued after this date. For Shore Excursions involving commercial airlines, the respective airline policy will govern and supersede these terms.
Sailors with Disabilities
When booking Shore Things prior to a voyage, Sailors with disabilities should contact the First Mates or Sailor Services Agents who work closely with the shipboard Shore Things Team who can assist and provide information on accessible Shore Things options during the voyage. When booking Shore Things during a voyage, Sailors with disabilities should contact the shipboard Shore Things Team directly. Accessible Shore Things may be limited or may not be available in some destinations and are subject to availability.
Virgin Voyages will not be responsible for Sailors’ personal possessions. Do not leave your valuable belongings unattended at any time when travelling on Shore Things.
Shore Excursion Operators reserve the right to require a completed liability waiver form for select Shore Things.
- 45 days or more before the sailing date, Guests have 24 hours to provide their credit card information for a deposit.
- 44 days or less of the sailing date, Guests must pay full fare to reserve their booking.
- Full payment, including taxes & fees, is required within 120 days prior to the sailing date.
- If you cancel 121 days or more from the sailing date, any money paid will be refunded to you in the same manner in which you paid, minus your deposit. Your deposit will only be refunded if you cancel within seven days of your booking if your cancellation was 121 days or more from the sailing date.
- If you cancel 120 days or less from the departure date, no refund will be given, but see below for our flexible booking policy.
Depending on the reason for cancellation, you may be able to reclaim any unrefunded money (less any applicable excess) under the terms of your travel insurance policy. Claims must be made directly to your insurance company.
Where any cancellation reduces the number of full paying party members below the number on which the price, number of free places and/or any concessions agreed for your booking were based, we will recalculate these items and re-invoice you at the applicable higher price.
Cancellations shall be deemed effective at 11:59 p.m. local east coast United States time on the date Guest communicates such cancellation.
Per person taxes and fees will be refunded to the credit card on file.
DAYS PRIOR TO SAILING DATE & CANCELLATION IMPACT
- 121 days or more
All monies refunded, except for potentially your deposit.
Your deposit will be refunded only if cancellation is within 7 days of the date the deposit was made. Otherwise, entire deposit amount is non-refundable.
- 120 days or less
No refund; but you have flexibility to change your voyage date.
Options available for cancellation up to 45 days of Guest’s departure date:
- Receive a “Future Voyage Certificate” in the amount paid that can be applied to a new sailing up to 1 year after the original voyage date.
- Change to a new voyage date up to 1 year after original voyage date.
- Change names on the reservation; permissible up to 48 hours before your voyage sailing date.
- Submit an insurance claim if travel protection (aka travel insurance) was purchased.
A cabin category may be changed up to 45 days of voyage sailing date, though cabin upgrades may be made inside 45 days of voyage sailing date and are subject to availability. For an up-category change, applicable fare increase is due at time of change. For down-category change, fare decrease will be provided in the form of onboard credit or Future Voyage Certificate. No change fees will be charged for voyage date or cabin changes.
If 3 or 4 Guests are booked in a triple- or quadruple-occupancy cabin and 1 or 2 Guests cancel, Carrier retains the right to move remaining Guests to a smaller cabin (triple- or double-occupancy) in the same category.
- Due to the risks inherent in travel by sea, if Guest has any special medical, physical or other requirements, the Guest, the Guest’s travel agent, or any person booking on Guest’s behalf is requested to inform the Carrier at the time of booking of any special need or other condition for which Guest or any person in Guest’s care may require medical attention or accommodation during the voyage, or for which the use of a wheelchair or service animal is contemplated or necessary.
- Guests requiring the use of service animals must notify us not less than 21 days prior to the voyage.
- Notice of any of the above items may be made online at booking to our Shoreside Sailor Services by email email@example.com or call at 1-954-488-2955; if in the UK, call +44-20-3003-4914.
- If any such special need or condition arises after a Guest has booked a voyage, the Guest is requested to report it to Shoreside Sailor Services as soon as Guest becomes aware of it.
- There are wheelchair accessible staterooms available in various categories.
- Not all areas or equipment on the Vessel are suitable for access to disabled Guests or Guests with reduced mobility. But if you need help, we’ll do our utmost to provide it.
- Guest acknowledges and understands that certain international, foreign or local safety requirements, standards, and/or applicable regulations involving design, construction or operation of the Vessel, docks, gangways, anchorages or other facilities on or off the Vessel may restrict access to facilities or activities for persons with mobility, communication, or other impairments or special needs.
- In limited situations where Guest would be unable to satisfy certain specified safety and other criteria, even when provided with appropriate auxiliary aids and services, Carrier reserves the right to refuse permission to participate in all or part of the voyage.
- Virgin Voyages has the right to refuse or revoke passage to anyone who, in its judgment, is in a physical or mental condition unfit for travel or who may require care beyond that which Virgin Voyages can provide. Virgin Voyages reserves the right to deny participation in certain activities based on past or present medical conditions. For questions about whether our voyage experience is right for you, please contact our Shoreside Sailor Services by email heretohelp@VirginVoyages.com or call at 1-954-488-2955; if in the UK, call +44-20-3003-4914.
- Virgin Voyages similarly reserves the right to refuse or revoke passage to anyone who has failed to notify it of their specific needs with regard to accommodation; seating or services required from it or the terminal operator; their need to bring medical equipment; their need to bring a service animal on board the Vessel; or of any other known disabilities that require special assistance, special services, or privileges; who in the Carrier’s and/or Master’s opinion is unfit or unable to travel; or anyone whose condition may constitute a danger to themselves or others onboard on the grounds of safety.
- Guests are under no obligation to identify themselves solely because they have a disability when they seek no special assistance, special services, or privileges. Guests may consider self-identifying their disability where notice to the Vessel crew would prevent misunderstanding of a Guest’s particular impairment or disability.
- Where necessary in order to comply with applicable safety requirements, we may require a Disabled Person or Person with Reduced Mobility to be accompanied by another person who is fit and able to assist them in day to day activities.
A Responsible Adult (see the Age Policy) is responsible for, and jointly and severally liable with, the Under-21 Adult the Responsible Adult is accompanying. In other words, both the Responsible Adult and Under-21 Adult are together liable for any damage caused by the Under-21 Adult.
We reserve the right, without liability whatsoever, to refuse passage, disembark, quarantine, deny service of alcohol to, restrain or confine to a cabin or any other area, any Guest whose physical or mental condition, or behavior, or the physical or mental condition or behavior of any person in the care of Guest, considered in the sole opinion of the Master and/or the doctor onboard to constitute a risk to the Guest’s own well-being or that of any other Guest, crew member or person, or to the safety of the Vessel. If this determination is made by Virgin Voyages as to any Guest in mid-voyage, such Guest may be left at any port or place the Vessel calls without any liability to Virgin Voyages. Virgin Voyages shall not be required to refund any portion of the fare paid by any Guest who must leave the Vessel prematurely for any of the reasons set forth in this paragraph or who voluntarily disembarks or leaves the Vessel for any other reason, nor shall it be responsible for lodging, medical care expenses, meals, return transportation or other expenses incurred by such Guest. Weapons are prohibited and will be confiscated. We have a “zero tolerance” policy toward any illegal activity or behavior by Guests or crew aboard. We will report incidents of illegal activity or behavior to the appropriate law enforcement authorities ashore.
For your comfort and convenience, we recommend that Guests arrive at our terminal no earlier than one hour prior to the scheduled embarkation time printed on your voyage documents. Because of security regulations, Guests may not be allowed to enter the terminal prior to the scheduled embarkation time and may want to avoid waiting in potentially inclement weather as the waiting area outside and inside the terminal may be limited.
Boarding the Vessel
In order to facilitate the embarkation process and the processing of your (electronic) boarding documents, Guests are requested to complete the online check-in process as soon as all their voyage fare, and all fees for add-on components, are paid in full. Simply log in to your account and fill in the required information. Check-in through our website will be available until 48 hours to the departure date. Check-in through the Virgin Voyages mobile app will be available through embarkation. Guests will be asked to access the Safety Brief via the Virgin Voyages mobile app or the in-cabin tablet once onboard the Vessel.
All Guests must be checked-in and onboard the vessel no later than one hour prior to the departure time noted on their voyage documents or they may not be permitted to sail. Any late-arriving Guest may join the Vessel at an approved port of call in the scheduled itinerary. Such Guest will be responsible for all applicable fees and travel expenses to that subsequent port of call.
Boarding Time in Ports of Call
In all ports of call, it is also the Guest’s responsibility to be back onboard the ship no later than one hour prior to the Vessel's scheduled departure time or as otherwise announced for that port. Shipboard time may differ from the port of call and it is the Guest’s responsibility to follow the shipboard time. In the event a Guest misses the Vessel, it will be his or her responsibility to pay all expenses incurred to rejoin the Vessel.