Immersive fleet-wide experiences, up & coming musical artists and new stage acts round out 2023 entertainment line-up
MIAMI, FL - March 7, 2023 - Recently awarded Cruise Critic’s 2022 Editors’ Pick for Best Nightlife, newcomer Virgin Voyages is setting the stage for a remarkable 2023. Along with award winning Michelin-star culinary offerings, chic design, larger-than-life RockStar Quarters, extraordinary Virgin service and restorative wellbeing experiences, Sailors have more to look forward to as the brand unveils a fresh and exhilarating, fleet-wide line-up of incredible new entertainment. Together with its Creative Collective of the world’s best producers, Richard Branson’s exciting cruise brand will introduce spectacular new shows, parties, additional live music acts and a festival stage of rotating performances. With something for everyone, from small and intimate solo performances at The Dock House to epic, can’t-miss shipwide events like Scarlet Night, the new entertainment line-up promises to be as epic as the soon to launch Resilient Lady’s seven-night Greek itineraries.
Like the major entertainment districts in the world’s top cities, this year some of Virgin Voyages’ shows like Never Sleep Alone have wrapped their performance season. However, Sailor favorites like Duel Reality – a modern and acrobatic adaptation of Romeo and Juliet – and UNTITLED DANCESHOWPARTYTHING – an upbeat music video-style dance show – are back by popular demand for an extended run on Scarlet Lady and Valiant Lady.
Stealing the show for 2023, Virgin Voyages is also debuting several can’t-miss experiences across the entire fleet starting with a Supper Club Series. Bringing back the style and sophistication of the classic supper clubs, these new and exciting shows (such as Another Rose) are paired with unmatched elevated dining experiences. In February, Scarlet Lady and Valiant Lady also introduced Festival Stage Acts in The Manor, a series of rotating, comedy-driven performances that change every two to four weeks. After their respective MerMaiden voyages, Resilient Lady and Brilliant Lady will debut their own Festival Stage programs in The Red Room. Heralded by up-and-coming talent, Festival Stage will let Sailors see incredibly talented mentalists, magicians, a cappella groups and comedians. Additionally, some of the brand’s popular performances like “It’s a Ship Show” will also travel across the fleet, allowing travelers to enjoy their favorite productions on different itineraries.
Today, Virgin Voyages is pulling back the velvet curtain, giving Sailors and First Mates a first-hand-glimpse into five, never-before-seen productions debuting this year including:
- Persephone: An original concept by House of Yes and produced by Kaleidoscope Immersive, this cutting-edge retelling of the famous Greek myth features a rock-n-roll underworld outfitted with lavish costumes and dramatic action. *Will be available on Resilient Lady
- Lola’s Library: A cocktail party / immersive cabaret, Lola’s Library is an after-hours literary affair led by Lola along with her nerdy assistant, Dewey, and Mary, the bossy maid who takes you through the eclectic book collection of a mysterious author. A mix of song, dance, acrobatics and comedy, Lola’s Library is presented in three themed chapters that invite Sailors to stay all night or pop in and out at their leisure without missing a beat. *Will be available on Resilient Lady
- Supper Club Series Featuring Another Rose: Created and produced by Randy Weiner (of Sleep No More and Queen of the Night), Another Rose is a decadent feast for the senses. This one-of-a-kind experience developed solely for Virgin Voyages is equal parts cabaret, world-class dining experience and theater spectacle. It tells the tale of doomed love and acrobatics during an unforgettable dinner party. *Will be available on Resilient Lady
- Mind Mangler: Member of the Tragic Circle: Following a disappointing two-night run at a motel conference center, the Mind Mangler’s new show solo spectacular is predicted to spiral into chaos as he attempts to read Sailors’ minds. Created by MISCHIEF, one of the UK’s leading comedy companies, Broadway World has called this "a guaranteed night of laugh-filled, mind-bending silliness that will leave audiences gasping for breath." *Will be available on Resilient Lady
- Miss Behave: Originally debuting on Valiant Lady, this game show like no other ends with Sailors shouting and screaming (and singing) all while having no idea what is going on. Hosted in The Red Room, Miss Behave promises an evening of wild fun and hilarity with lots of audience participation. *Currently available on Valiant Lady and will be available on Resilient Lady
Rounding out the new fleet-wide entertainment, Virgin Voyages’ will introduce two all new soirées in The Manor: an 80s bash and a confetti-filled celebration called “We Fancy,” complete with royal accents.
Richard Kilman, Vice President of Entertainment said, “We are so excited to bring our award-winning entertainment approach to life in 2023 across our whole fleet. With the anticipated launch of Resilient Lady, we're expanding on our entertainment and nightlife, and we're thrilled to debut a new line-up of shows with the same incredible production elements. Across the fleet, we are tapping into talent from all around the world, we’re ramping up comedy acts, and we are introducing new immersive performances that stick to that uniquely Virgin Voyages style and give people the opportunity to see or do something they never have before. It’s going to be epic.”
Virgin Voyages’ Happenings Cast – the brand’s reimagined take on a traditional cruise director – will continue to surprise & delight Sailors. With more than 50 activities and events on each ship, everyday “happenings” such as the 90s-inspired boy band dance classes, Spill The Beans for coffee aficionados and the PJ Party Under the Stars will bring joy to every voyage. The brand’s signature Scarlet Night event is also here to stay. Reigning supreme above all else, Scarlet Night tells the fabled story of the Octopus Goddess of the Sea and the Sailor that won her heart. It also features all of the star-studded entertainment personalities.
To peek into the world of Scarlet Night, check out “The Voyage,” a musically driven cinematic experience set to a tropical house remake of “Karma Chameleon.” The announcement of the brand’s new entertainment comes on the heels of Virgin Voyages’ recent video release. Starring pop-artist Drew Love, the new video is a fresh take on the Virgin Records 80s smash hit, which celebrates its 40th anniversary this year.
Virgin Voyages and Jennifer are also honored to donate 50 cabins on this voyage to hard-working Latina entrepreneurs through the non-profit, Grameen America. More details will be available soon at VirginVoyages.com.
For more information on Virgin Voyages’ live entertainment and first-to-sea productions, visit virginvoyages.com/l/entertainment-2023.
About Virgin Voyages
Set Sail the Virgin Way with Virgin Voyages, the irresistible travel brand founded by Sir Richard Branson. Delivering epic vacations at sea, Virgin Voyages launched at the end of 2021. The brand's four Lady Ships – inspired by 50+ years of Virgin history -- include Scarlet Lady, Valiant Lady, Resilient Lady and Brilliant Lady. Designed for discerning travelers, Virgin Voyages offers relaxing, exclusively adult (18+) sailings. Working with a Creative Collective of the world’s most sought-after designers, performance artists and architects, Virgin Voyages delivers an enchanting boutique hotel at sea with fresh, elevated spaces that strike the perfect balance of nautical chic and glamour. Currently departing from the sun-soaked cities of Miami and Barcelona – and soon to include Athens, San Juan and Melbourne – the fleet offers itineraries to more than 100 awe-inspiring destinations across four continents. Virgin Sailors are spoiled for choice with 20 eateries offering Michelin-star culinary experiences all included, a festival-like line-up of entertainment, stylish and comfortable cabins, Rockstar Quarters, authentic and locally inspired shore excursions, and a dose of Vitamin Sea with well-being naturally intertwined throughout the experience. Promising to Create an Epic Sea Change for All, Virgin Voyages also puts sustainability front and center.